Forum home Garden design

We're you at it in the 70's?!

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,457
    Findus French Bread Pizza (possibly more 1980s).
    The height of sophistication. Kids today don't know they're born.
  • dappledshadedappledshade Posts: 1,017
    Leylandii hedges were new and wonderful...  

Indoors, we decorated our living room with something called Fibron.  It came in a cardboard tub, and you decanted the "stuff" - short acrylic fibres, in a number of colours (we chose old gold, trendy at the time) - into a bucket, adding adhesive and water.  When it was mixed you just bunged it on the wall.  Hubby discovered you could throw it, from a distance... great fun.  Well, we were young and stupid...  
    yes and aren’t we feeling the after shock of the lleylandii craze still today! 
  • FireFire Posts: 18,963
    The manual pushmower worked perfectly well, as I remember it. We only had about three square metres, mowed a few times a year. It was mostly most and buttercups.
  • JennyJJennyJ Posts: 10,426
    My mower is fairly similar, but has more "modern" handle, not Y-shape. Anyone remember when were strimmers invented? It looks as if that chap could use one. On second thoughts I think that's a more recent pic - his trousers aren't very '70s.
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Soil type: sandy, well-drained
    I remember ice cream, since I was a child in the 70s.
    Really bright yellow vanilla flavour, Mr Whippy style. Tasted artificial as hell. Ditto the strawberry version.
    Smash potato flakes were grim.
    My mum worked long hours and would resort to using it, now and again.
    School semolina, Heinz spaghetti hoops and Arctic roll.

Was Viennetta 80s? Can’t remember.

I definitely have photos in which I’m wearing brown cord flares, orange Mary Janes, stripy orange and brown jumpers and have regulation 3 inch thick, blue NHS specs.

Nice.
    B3 said:
    Saw them in the bottom of a freezer in Sainsbury's last week @Fire . I wasn't tempted.
    My daughter used to plague me for those sweet things you put in the toaster. A very rare treat.
    Which reminds me of toast toppers. A little tin of cat sick that you spread on your toast and put under the grill.
    Then there was Sunny Delight that they made out you had to keep in the fridge so you thought it was healthy. Full of vitamin C by all accounts  ( a good spoonful of ascorbic acid, I'm sure)
    Pop Tarts!
    Oh god, they were sickeningly sweet.
    Findus Crispy Pancakes were a thing too,
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,312
    And  tank tops 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Yep, owned at least two of those.

• FireFire Posts: 18,963
    I thought Pop Tarts were an 1980s invention...  Spawn of Satan.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,312
    Yes you're right. They looked as appetizing as a doughnut with pink icing and sprinkles.
    In London. Keen but lazy.