Forum home Plants

Another ID from the rescue me shelf please

WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
I just can't help myself! I spend a quid on something that looks blatantly dead,  lose track of what it is,  then it survived!
Any ideas folks please?

• Could it be Lily of the Valley.  Valerie 
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,861
    Canna?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 1,404
    Gladioli?
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
    Is a tough one! I know I didn't buy any lily of the valley as I have some,  same for gladioli.  I did buy some canna last year that all died,  maybe a year of total neglect has made them buck their ideas up? 🤔 Still not certain,  its anybody's guess! Thanks all!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,197
    I know patience isn’t a family strong point @WonkyWomble ... but I think that this time you might have to ‘wait and see’
    😂 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,514
    A hosta?
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
    I thought that @Lizzie27 but I've never bought one.  The only one I have is by my pond. The picture does look similar to how their leaves unfurl. 
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,326
    Hmm. Gladioli are usually sharper, not so furled. Hostas don't usually have the pink bit - or mine don't but there are so many.

Is it somewhere warm? Couldn't be a sarracenia, could it?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 1,897
    Sarracenia ...no. They don't grow like these photos are showing.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,326
    Just have to wait and see  :)
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first”