Forum home Plants

Plant ID - does anyone know what this plant is? + Tips on how to revive it

Hi, we had to move this plant a while back due to some building work and although it seemed fine in a temporary pot for some time it's starting to brown and look worse for wear.

Does anyone know what plant this is so I can look it up? No luck on google search. It (was)  all green, looks the same all year, no flowering of any kind.

Will get it back in the ground asap this week but if anyone has some great tips or advice on the best way to revive it I'd be grateful  

Sorry not sure how to rotate the images

• bcpathomebcpathome Buckinghamshire Posts: 752
    Looks like some sort of bamboo to me 
  • sjb_csjb_c Posts: 41
    edited May 2021
    It's equisetum

• bcpathomebcpathome Buckinghamshire Posts: 752
    If I were you I would re plant it , water well and a drop of feed. If it is a bamboo it should come back eventually .They are hard to kill in my limited experience. 
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,848
    I wonder if it could be a Restio?  No idea as to variety - I've never grown them.  Hopefully someone from Cornwall or somewhere else warm will recognise it.  They aren't very hardy so it's possible yours got a bit too cold this past winter...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,281
    I agree with Equisetum, probably E.hyemale.
    This is often grown as a marginal plant in ponds, but can grow elsewhere provided the soil is always moist. Yours probably got too dry this year, but plenty of water should revive it :)
  • Thanks for all your replies! I think it must be Equisetum or at least that's on the right path. Cheers