Forum home The potting shed

The virtues of Green

JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 666
We went to play “tourist” today in a couple of small French towns, and I realized on looking at the photos that very little was “flowering” but the lush greens everywhere are amazingly relaxing. Do you think we perhaps under estimate the foliage in concentration on the flowers?

• B3B3 Posts: 18,682
    I love green in all its shades and textures. Maybe it's my Irish roots.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 666
    The greens were so vivid today, probably because of all the rain we have had this week. I have to admit driving through the countryside reminded me a lot of southern Scotland. Definitely made me even more homesick for Scotland.
    I love plants with green flowers too and drippy ferns and moss. I think it's only green that does lush. Lush red or yellow or any other colour  - no. 
  • borgadrborgadr KentPosts: 149
    Down here this period for me is the white and blue season. Cow parsley and hawthorn blossom everywhere, and the tail end of bluebell season. Love it!
    That's beautiful too in a frothy way😉
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,770
    Green is wonderful but life would be so much poorer without all the other colours as well. And you cannot beat a really well planted English style border.
    edited 21 May
    The thing about greens is that you have to take time to look to see them without the distraction of other colours. 
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,722

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,722
    Could anything be prettier? 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,067
    debs64 said:
    Could anything be prettier? 
    HOSTAS 
     :D 
    Devon.