Forum home Plants

Identify?

aidanhoadaidanhoad Posts: 171
Hi folks,

could anyone identify the two trees shown in the attached pictures for me please?

Thanks in advance!
Aidan. :)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,184
    think the first is Whitebeam ... Sorbus aria. 

Cant really see the second clearly enough. Sorry. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• aidanhoadaidanhoad Posts: 171
    Thank you very much.

Apologies for the quality of the photos - if it helps the second one has lots of small pink flowers...
    Possibly a Crataegus?  Do some googling and see what you think ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 2,056
    Might the second one be hawthorn?
    Thank you all, I think definitely hawthorn, not what I think of when I think of hawthorn at all!
    Hawthorn = Crataegus 😊 

Your post wasn’t there when I posted, @Dovefromabove. Sorry.
    Nothing to be sorry for @pitter-patter 😊 ... I was just aiming for clarity. It’s my fault ... I should’ve put both names in my post as I did with the hornbeam 😊 

In face to face conversations I wouldn’t have repeated what you’ve said... but it’s impossible to tell someone is typing at the same time. Hopefully we were right and could help with the identification. 🙂
    I think you were right, when it flowers I’ll have another google search! Thank you for your help both!