Forum home Plants

Where are the daisies?

Hi everyone, 
I've just moved to Coventry from Oxford and I have noticed that my garden and the field just beyond are completely overrun by dandelions. Now, I love dandelions, but I also love daisies, buttercups and clover, and I was wondering why there is no sight at all of them and whether they would take if I introduced them.
Thanks!

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,299
    Plenty on my lawn,not a lover of dandelions,that's almost all my neighbour grows,garden unkempt
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,609
    I am constantly trying to grow dandelions from seed. Without success so far. My tortoise loves them and so I have to pull them up from roadside verges to keep him happy. He particularly likes the flowers 
  • debs64 said:
    I am constantly trying to grow dandelions from seed. Without success so far. My tortoise loves them and so I have to pull them up from roadside verges to keep him happy. He particularly likes the flowers 
    If you live anywhere close to Bedworth I'm happy to provide you with a lifetime supply 😂
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,299
    Debs am happy to send you packs! Deliveroo for tortoise! When they come up all over our drive they are a flaming nuisance.we had a job to sell our last house because of the front "gardens" each side,and had to knock a 5th off the price
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,089
    My 'lawn' is full of daisies. I like them. I wonder why they never encroach on the flower beds. A well-mannered wildflower perhaps.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,297
    Start mowing your grass and you will get more daisies as they tolerate cutting better than dandelions.
    My dandelions grow in odd corners of the veg garden where they flower for pollinators. I had some young leaves with my salad last night :)