Forum home Plants

Coming home to dying plants

We have just come home after 4.5 months due to Covid flight suspensions with no one left to look after our balcony.

Although some of the plants thrived in our absence our Choisya, 

Jasmin,

Camelia,

and Acer,

are in awful condition.

Do you think there is a chance of reviving these plants, if so any tips, or should we resign ourselves to having to replace them?

• widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 355
    Cut them down, repot them feed and talk to them, I'm no expert, but you have nothing to lose,
  • ElferElfer Posts: 329
    We were in the same situation last year but for 3 months. A few died but a few that I had given up on came back to life this year although not to same level but I think next year they will be almost back to normal. Give them some TLC and see what happens at the end of summer.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,548
    Water thoroughly by dunking the pots in buckets so you know they've fully absorbed it and then let them drain.  Keep moist and wait and see.   

Don't cut back yet till you see where/if any new shoots come.  Don't feed till you see signs of new growth.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,135
    I agree with all that Obelixx says.  Never feed a sick plant. Just soak for now. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.