Forum home Plants

Google Lens can’t identify this plant

donothingdonothing Posts: 10
It has these oval fruit like things hanging off it and can’t seem to find it online, its not a poppy or common nestle or gypsywort, etc;it grew in an area where I sprinkled some wildflower and shade mix. Thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286
    It looks like a poppy to me ... those ‘oval fruits’ are the flower buds ... just you wait and see. 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,019
    I'd agree, it's a poppy  :)
  • donothingdonothing Posts: 10
    It looks like a poppy to me ... those ‘oval fruits’ are the flower buds ... just you wait and see. 😃 
    Thanks! I believe you haha I was just confused because the flower buds were hanging like this?

For some reason I can’t get the picture right away but those flower buds are hanging vertically down! I think I assumed it wasn’t a poppy because I’ve only seen opium poppy before lol
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,455
    I have some orange poppies than grow like that.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,144
    Those apps are not very good are they
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,182
    Rubbish aren't they @Lyn!

The Welsh [cambricum] poppies grow like that, although they aren't really poppies, they're Meconopsis. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286
    edited May 2021
    Fairygirl said:
    Rubbish aren't they @Lyn!

You can’t beat real gardeners ... well most of ‘em ... this one’s been known to be wrong .... occasionally ... specially when I’ve not got my glasses on ... or haven’t had enough coffee ☕️ 😇 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,719
    I agree, poppy. We all get it wrong from time to time and sometimes we're stumped until flowers form, or we need a better picture, closeup of leaves etc, but collectively the people on here are way better than a plant identification app :)
  • donothingdonothing Posts: 10
    Thanks everyone! Someone mentioned orange poppies and someone else welsh poppies and eventually I found this wiki page and the image of foliage matches; so it's a poppy! Can't wait for the flowers:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_cambricum
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,182
    Many people dislike them @donothing, but I love their simplicity and cheery colours, especially on a murk overcast day  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....