Forum home The potting shed

Amazon Loyalty Scheme

Hi folks. Has anyone ever taken part in this? I was ordering something via Amazon and  a Message for me popped up. When I opened it I had the chance to win an iPhone 12. I answered so many questions and had a go at " opening the box". I had four go's. At second pick, I won the phone, Does anyone think this a con please? It's too good to be true.....isn't it?

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,312
    Yes.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • hatty123hatty123 West YorkshirePosts: 96
    Sounds like a scam! Hope you didnt give them any personal information 😳
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,971
    Oh no, @hatty123 ,didn't give any info out. Would never do that .It all looks so clever though and very official. Clever b**g***, aren't they?.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,521
    I would get a virus scan going if you can. Those scams are known to plant tracking viruses and could be trying to steal sensitive info from you.
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,432
    Never click on any pop up! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 18,677
    Amazon don't need loyalty schemes. They've pretty much cornered the market.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    I would get a virus scan going if you can. Those scams are known to plant tracking viruses and could be trying to steal sensitive info from you.
    Not sure if I have one on iPad? I'll investigate. 
    Lyn, it wasn't a pop up.It was part of screen I was looking at. 
    Thanks all. 
    Have just read on line that iPads don't need antivirus software? I'm on ipad not a computer. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,471
    Of something looks too good to be true...........my junk folder on the PC is full of ,"congratulations you have won". One of these days I will win something and won't claim the prize!!
    I realise that NannyBeach and normally don't go anywhere near such things. But this wasn't a you have won, or a pop up,so just wondered.All good now thanks.