Forum home The potting shed

Before and after .....Gardening saves the day!

13»

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203
    Wow! It has changed so much since OH and I came and had lunch on the old terrace at your tea room. You've done amazingly well. Recently you said you respected me for my garden knowledge but that is nothing compared with what you've done. I remember the battles with French bureaucracy, the early lack of funds, the extra studying for hygiene exams (in French) etc. I could never have done what you have done. You have guts and you work so hard. Not only the Chateau de Gateau but before that your brought your private neglected garden back to life and opened it for the French equivalent of the NGS.

I know that look that Charlie gives you about speaking French. My children use it on me!
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 618
    @D0rdogne_Damsel Congratulations and good wishes. Hope you do well in your newly reopened tearoom. Your garden looks fantastic.
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,391
    Thank you @Eustace. We just need a bit of sunshine now. 

@Busy-Lizzie, don't underestimate what you have achieved here in France and the difficulties you have overcome yourself, quite an achievement. The garden you made before was wonderful as well and it looks like this new one is going the same way! I hope at some point we can meet up again soon, it would be lovely to see you new place. Xx
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin