Forum home Plants

Plant ID

adamadamantadamadamant Posts: 221
Any idea what these two are?  To my shame I think I planted them myself.  thank you

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,011
    I think the first is an Astrantia and the second a Penstemon.
  • edited May 2021
    The top one looks like a Geum, possibly the weed Geum urbanum or possibly an ornamental variety.
    Think you're right @Alan Clark2 in Liverpool, l should have paid more attention 😊
  • adamadamantadamadamant Posts: 221
    Thank you all.  Horrifically I think raised the wood avens as they came in a seed packet labeled Mrs J Bradshaw!  Will dig them up before they flower - I gather they are a bit of a pest?  Penstemon is perfectly likely thank you for setting me straight

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,441
    They could be Mrs. Bradshaw, how do you know they aren't until they flower? Hang on a bit. If the flowers are red then that's what they are, if small and yellow they they are the weed, geum urbanum.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 13,027
    1st. one is I am fairly certain G.urbanum.
    There are ashtrays of emulsion,
    for the fag ends of the aristocracy.
    Pretty sure you are all right having looked online it is G urbanum.  All grubbed out now and they don't look at all like the leaves of J Bradshaw - they were up and at it almost before I realised. Thanks all. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,143
    Definitely not Bradshaw leaves. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

I would contact the seed company @adamadamant and send them a photo. Who knows how many others are carefully nurturing the wrong plant? 
    Pretty sure you are all right having looked online it is G urbanum.  All grubbed out now and they don't look at all like the leaves of J Bradshaw - they were up and at it almost before I realised. Thanks all. Will let seed company know.