Forum home Plants

Dividing Campanula Advice

harmonyharmony Posts: 343
Hi, I've had this Campanula Poscharskyana ( evergreen with white star shaped trailing flowers ) in this pot for a few years now, it seems very happy and healthy 9where it is but I am wondering if I should divide it and if so how to go about it. It completely  fills the pot but there are no roots showing through the bottom of the pot. It is one of my favourites and would love some more but I'm not sure whether to split or leave it be. Any advice welcome. Thanks..

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 13,027
    Very easy, you can literally pull the clump apart. It is shallow rooted.
    There are ashtrays of emulsion,
    for the fag ends of the aristocracy.
  • Chris-P-BaconChris-P-Bacon Posts: 940
    Yeah, just pull it to bits - indestructable. Although hates wet soil. In my prevoius house it used to grow out of an old brick wall. (blue flowered variety). It's one of my wifes favourite flowers and bees love it as you've no doubt noticed.
    I think it's also called Italian Bellfower and I'm sure I've read that its considered by some in Mediterranean countries as a troublesome weed. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,143
    It’s a troublesome weed here for me, I put a few clumps along the front edge of one of my borders, not only has it now filled in, its travelling across to the back, seems the more I dig out the more it grows. It is a good allrounder though, just cut it back and off it goes again. 
    The bees do love it. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.