Forum home Plants

Identify and selling

as02belsl2YCtRXas02belsl2YCtRX Posts: 3
edited May 2021 in Plants
Hi, 
Could someone please identify this plant for me? Also, how much would it be worth if I were to sell it? It is roughly 2x2m.

Thank you in advance 
A. Naylor 

• GlenjjonesGlenjjones Posts: 141
    Possibly a Phormium or New Zealand Flax, but I'm no expert. also would have no idea of price if you sold it.

• Possibly a Phormium or New Zealand Flax, but I'm no expert. also would have no idea of price if you sold it.

Thank you for you comment. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,198
    Phormium. I can't see many takers unless you dig it up and split it into several smaller plants. That takes a bit of effort too when they're well established. It would be difficult to keep a specimen that size thriving well enough to sell easily.
    If you split it, you'd need to wait until they all rooted successfully, and you'd maybe get a few quid each. They'd also need cutting back to make it easier to establish them :)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 2,594
    I had a large phormium like that that - maybe even bigger -  I needed gone from my garden. I offered it for free to anyone prepared to dig it up.  I had a few interested but one lady won so she got it.  Took her about 3 hours to get it out but she managed it!  Later she sent me a pic. of it in its new home.  
  • Thank you all. Really helpful comments.