Forum home Plants

Please identify the long leafed plants

IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 468
Is one of them a cerinthe? And the other?
Do I leave them or divide them?

• pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,389
    No cerinthe that I can see. On the right there’s a campanula. On the left maybe hemerocallis or kniphofia, not sure.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 3,932
    Hard to tell just from leaves, but my best guess is Agapanthus on the left and Campanula persicifolia on the right. Could be very very wrong though :/.
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,626
    Not cerinthe. One on the right could be a campanula. Left might be agapanthus, but there are many possibilities.
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 468
    Thanks, I wasn’t expecting any of those possibilities.
    I think cerinthe was the wrong name. I vaguely remember a nice tall pink flower in that place. But can’t remember names.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,389
    The one on the left might be a nerine then. 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,509
    edited 10 May
    The one on the right is definitely Canterbury Bells. We have one in the garden and you will need to start staking them up as the stems grow. Here is a picture of ours last year( white): 

No Cerinthe in your picture....sorry. 
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 468
    Yes think it was Nerine that I bought and it flowered last year so will be nice to get some more. It’s still a small clump so won’t divide it yet. 
    The other one I don’t remember buying that but will look forward to it and try remember to stake it. I bought coreopsis but it seems to have disappeared from that border. I was hoping it would re-emerge. This is why gardening is an expensive hobby, my plants keep disappearing! 
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 476
    I always put labels with my plants, just so I know what went where.  Also to remind me of what the thing is called as I will just stare at a plant blankly with absolutely no idea what it is should anyone ask me out of the blue.  I do this with people sometimes too.