Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 105

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,326
Time to start our next chapter!
Go wild in the garden how to sow your own wildflower meadow

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,326
  • Good morning. LB I hope you slept well, plenty of hot drinks and food. Im just going to have a cuppa. Alfies enjoying his new food, gradually replacing the old one. Thank goodness. A new thread already. I like the butterflies.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,449
    It's been a bit dank and murky all morning and finally got a few spots of rain but I've got a bit done outside already. Planted out some sunflowers (in toilet rolls - classy!) and potted on one of the chilli plants that has sprinted past the others and had roots dangling out of the bottom of its pot.

As the experimental scouting party of two tomato and two marigolds have survived in the mini greenhouse/blowaway, I've bunged all of their little comrades from the first batches in there as well. If the rest of them don't like it in there, tough :o

Another seed tray of tomato plants can now be pricked out as I've got enough room on the porch windowsill. It's a bit of a juggling act with so little (warm) space.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,483
    Afternoon all. Late on parade as up and out early to pick up my bike. Looking good with new brake pads, new gear cable, stand mended and tyres pumped up, bought a new bell whilst we were there and a sidemirror for us both too. I was in the middle of feeding all the plants in the back garden since we've returned home as it was nice and sunny. Then,suddenly, the skies went black and the heavens opened! Absolutely shotting it down now. So, back inside, waiting for sun to come out again.
    Rosie, Im pleased to hear Alfie is adjusting to his new food.
    Topbird, those steps are really good, had a look at the link last night and they do look sturdy and substantial.
    LB, started watching that new comedy drama last night.......made it to 7 minutes and then gave up. Not our cup of tea at all.Drivel.
    Thunderstorms sweeping overhead now :o
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,326
    Afties all. RosieBB, I wish I could get Lily to eat - anything! She is the pickiest eater ever. @Biglad I have had thunder, heavy rain and sunshine - all at once! So weird. Hazel, your bike sounds ready to be taken out on the roads. You are very brave. After the trailers Hazel I had already decided to give it a miss.
    Exactly that @Ladybird4. If we look out of the front windows, it is a lovely sunny day with blue skies. Out of the back is the end of the world :o
    10 minutes later - my main fruit and veg bed is under 2 inches of water/hailstones, the leaves on the blackcurrant bushes have beenshredded and the 'pond' is full again :(

• ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,446
    Afternoon All,
    LB Lovely opening picture, so full of colour,
    Hazel Your bicycle sounds ready for action complete with bell and side mirror what a good idea, hope you get a chance to try it out on the route youve discovered,
    Rosie Good that Alfie is liking his new food, its nice when they enjoy what you give them,
    Shame that Lily is not so easy to please LB,
    Biglad Oh dear!
    Must retrieve my cloth things from the whirligig, they are flapping about in the breeze thats kicked up.
    Have a good afternoon everyone.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,483
    edited 10 May
    We've got thunder and lightning!拎拎
    Hmmmm no cycling just yet then五