Forum home Plants

Do you have a plant that has proved hard to kill?

124»

• shane.farrellshane.farrell Posts: 204
    Mares Tail, Skunk Cabbage the wild version of Geums, Cleavers, Nettles. All these are at the bottom end of my garden which was previously an unused boggy area so I suspect that weed seeds will keep popping up for a lot of these for some time yet! Just keeping on top of them really helps though.
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 894
    I hate mahonias! There I've said it!
    I'm a self employed gardener and they Are everywhere! I've been digging them out repeatedly for a few years now! The original ones that were planted and the self seeded that end up everywhere else!!!!!!!
    Also Japanese anemones.  I only like the white ones but pink ones get in cracks that you can never dig out!!
    Absolutely hate mahonia too - it’s so spiky so you can’t pull it up easily. It’s so deep rooted and even when you cut it down to the ground it won’t die and it’s roots run I’m sure so the thought of its seeds spreading too is an annoyance.

• FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    "Rampant Rector"?  Sounds very XXX, @B3
  • ManderMander GatesheadPosts: 334
    I have a number of plants that I inherited with the house that seem to be impossible to kill. Some kind of magically small and well behaved dog rose, a dicentra, and a climbing hydrangea that I cut down to the ground after the fence collapsed on it and now it's bigger than ever. 
  • ElferElfer Posts: 329
    I hate mahonias! There I've said it!
    I'm a self employed gardener and they Are everywhere! I've been digging them out repeatedly for a few years now! The original ones that were planted and the self seeded that end up everywhere else!!!!!!!
    Also Japanese anemones.  I only like the white ones but pink ones get in cracks that you can never dig out!!
    Is that true for all Mahonias as I have been thinking  about getting a Mahonia soft caress?
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 23,647
    He poses as a rambling rector but don't be fooled @Fire
    In London. Keen but lazy.