Forum home Garden design

Hello I'm new here.

ZooterZooter Wild West.Posts: 24
Gooday folks on this forum. 

I was expecting an 'introduce yourself' area to post this, but maybe that's old fad now on forums. Anyway Im a middleaged chap 4 years on from buying my 1st house, a run down cottage (& gdn) in rural uk I'm gradually renovating, & am much the newbie re. gardening, but with some 'fluked' success in that I haven't made everything Ive planted die. Just half I'd say.

I hope this might be a good place to ask some q's, even though I am very inexperienced. I am keen & lucky to have sort of a 'blank canvas' garden of approx 1/3rd acre.

Thanks for reading, zooter.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,290
    Hi @Zooter and welcome to the forum 😃 
    I look forward to learning more about your gardening adventures ... and photos are always great ... especially before and after ones ... we love a project ❤️ 
    I’d say 50% success rate is pretty good for a newbie in this very difficult season so award yourself a 🏅 

Whereabouts (roughly) are you... it always helps to know when offering advice. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    Hi Zooter.   You can edit your profile to include your general whereabouts on the head of each post, as have @Dovefromabove and I and many others.  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • ZooterZooter Wild West.Posts: 24
    Hi Dove. Im westwales, so opposite side of UK to you, in a leaky miners cottage with 25 yr discarded bramble jungle & knotweed patch for a 'garden' (only thing affordable in todays house market!). I've done a half decent clear/ transform of it, but brambles, nettles mainly stubbornly remain.. & dreaded knotweed pops up though Ive won the battle thank goodness. 

But I have created: a large bed, built a cabin at the end, & got the dilapidated lawn 'presentable'. 

So my design skills outweigh my gardening skills, but I am very new to all of it. Been alot of hard work winging it as I go.. full slow cottage renovation simultaneously Im winging along my merry way.. but a sheer delight too.

thx zoot
    Ahh give my love to West Wales ... many happy memories of holidays all around south and west Wales ... I have rellies on the Gower ❤️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Obelixx said:
    Hi Zooter.   You can edit your profile to include your general whereabouts on the head of each post, as have @Dovefromabove and I and many others.  
    Hi obelixx.. yes of course, will do.

Following Doves moniker, I now think perhaps TheSweatyFox might have been a better name!  
    🤣 

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,299
    Hi zooter,we need some pictures always love a before and after
    I might change name Dove.. but gotta then change/ find an appropriate daft fox pic instead of my toothy hound!
    Hi zooter,we need some pictures always love a before and after
    Hi Nanny Beach. I kick myself for not taking all those 'before' pics I should've dammit. Was in such a state i wasn't compelled to take a record of it as it was you see, naiively.
  • ElferElfer Posts: 329
    Welcome to the forum, I am also a middle aged newbie gardener 3 years on in my 1st house/garden (lived in apartments before). Unfortunately my design is as bad as my gardening. I recently joined the forum and members have been super helpful, you certainly came to the right place for advice.