Forum home Plants

Please can someone help me

imlistedimlisted Posts: 1
Please can someone help me i have planted a plant and its growing.

But indont know what it is. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping its lychee but I don't know. I'm not very good with remembering what I have planted because I just put the seeds in and hope for the best.

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,007
    It's an aquilegia
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,134
    B3 said:
    It's an aquilegia
    Are you sure,  I’m don’t think it is, it hasn’t got the spur, I could be wrong though, usually am. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,007
    @Lyn. I was but I'm more familiar with the wild ones. The leaves are slightly different too but I put that down to it being a cultivar.  It's not a lychee anyway.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,360
    It is an aquilegia, they don't all have spurs. May have seeded itself.
    What a lot of photos!
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,136
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,649
    Yes, absolutely definitely aquilegia. Short pink-tipped spurs are visible in the second pic, leftmost flower (or bottom in the sideways pic).
  • BiljeBilje Posts: 725
    I’ve got several aquilegia plants many with different flower forms, many without spurs,  some parents were “ Nora Barlow” they look like a spikey snowball. I have some that were of the clematis flower type. I’m going to be ruthless this year and remove ones with poor flowers before they cross pollinate/ selfseed with even poorer flowers. 
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,307
    What's really curious is the relative difference in size of a lychee seed to that of an aquilegia...not easy to mix them up. Plus absolutely pointless growing lychees from seed as the fruiting trees are hybrids which won't come true from seed. But anyway, we won't know until there's some kind of response from the OP. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow