Forum home The potting shed

Is there a word that pushes your buttons?

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,555
    @Pansyface - "gobsmacked" and "going forward" immediately sprang to mind followed by "jungle garden" till I got beyond the title and realised we're after "positivity".

Rumbledethumps - never cooked it or eaten as I canna thole swede but it does sound lovely.  
    Librocubularist is a word I've recently learned and I shall use it next time OH mutters about me staying in bed and reading when it's cold or wet.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,401
    Oooh I'm one of them! Don't think I could say it though😕

Tried Sainsbury's rumbledethumps  - disappointing but had potential if you made it yourself. Swede is an underrated vegetable. Swede soup, swede with butter and black pepper, swede and potato mash Swede mixed with the bits stuck to the bottbom of a  roasting tin😋
    Swede chips coated in parmesan . Don't bother.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    @fire was it the one he beheaded?
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,531
    edited May 2021
    Oh I see. Adoration is a religious thing, isn't it? I don't go in for religion, even in relation to puppies. I might stretch to a 'lovely' if required to gush.

'Absolutely' is the one that gets me shouting at the TV, if that's what you mean. That has changed it's meaning apparently and is now a synonym of 'yes'.

I'm reasonably sure Henry beheaded more than one wife. But he was a serial killer/psychopath so whether he adored anyone (except himself) is rather doubtful
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
    @raisingirl ' gushing'. Maybe it's the gushing that annoys me more than the word itself but I definitely haven't got the adoration or the gushing gene.
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    edited May 2021

words  that now mean something different.  

Sick, wicked, gay, 
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,479
    Super in front of just about anything gets me super p1ssed off!
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,787
    Why does everything have to be amazing.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,168
    So, I absolutely love that super adorable puppy.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver