Forum home Problem solving

Help! What’s wrong with my allium ambassador? Why are the leaves like that? What can I do?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,132
    Are the newer leaves coming from the centre of the plant ok?  If so I wouldn’t worry ... that could well be due to physical damage or a result of the unusually cold weather. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 3,624
    edited 5 May
    What @Dovefromabove said. It's also normal for allium leaves to start looking manky and dying back before the flowers open, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Have close look at the whole plant pic here - you can see that the foliage is starting to die and if reputable sellers can't get pics of the open flowers before the foliage starts to go over, it's a pretty good indication of what to expect. In this one it looks to me as if they've trimmed brown ends off some of the leaves for the picture.
  • Thank you @Dovefromabove and @JennyJ! I was worried it would spread to the other leaves soon. Indeed the weather has not been too warm for this time of the year 😖. Thanks for the advice! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,132
    edited 5 May
    Let's keep our fingers very crossed for a bit of  "seasonally appropriate" weather very soon 🏖 🍦 🏝😎
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh