Forum home Plants

Golden rose for a gift.

bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 567
I am thinking of buying a rose as a golden wedding anniversary gift. I have seen two, Golden Celebration  from David Austin, and Happy Golden Wedding from Peter Beales. Does anyone grow either of these? I see they are both repeat flowering and scented which are plus points. Also, they are both available online at the moment.  They are very different, but both lovely, so it may come down to disease resistance . If anyone could give me some advice it would be great.Thank you 🙂

• TooeyTooey Posts: 95
    I bought the DA rose for my parents a couple of years ago for their golden wedding anniversary and it's a beautiful rose. The scent is lovely and Dad has it growing in a very larger container and it looks very healthy 
  • TerryannTerryann Posts: 34
    I got a Golden Celebration from DA for my 50th birthday last year.  Smells like sherbet, currently growing very well with about 15 buds already appearing.  I have mine in a pot also.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,633
    I have Celebration in a raised bed. Three years old upright habit flowers well and smells lovely
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 567
    Thank you all so much for your replies, I will order one tomorrow. I feel quite excited!