Forum home Problem solving

Roses.

hello folks.. I bought these expensive roses two years ago.  but they dont look healthy at all. the leaves are line thin strip and curled up. please look at the photos and advise what is wrong with them and what is the remedies.
Thank you all in advance.

• OmoriOmori The NorthPosts: 1,041
    Looks like roundup (or similar) spray damage. Aside from that, it isn’t good to tie them all together tightly like that. I’m not sure what rose that is or what support it needs, but if it needs support it would be better to fan it out on the fence, or wind it round a pillar or obelisk. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,784
    I agree, it looks like Glyphosate damage, roses hate glyphosate. Raspberries do that too.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • dpatel2130dpatel2130 Posts: 147
    @ Omori, @Busy-Lizzie.  Thank you. I have never used weedkillers but my nephew is may have used to get rid of weed without thinking about other plants. Now the question is what shall I do to save the plant? suggestions please. Omori, I will untie the plant . hope they survive and thrive giving pleasure of beautiful flowers this summer and many more in future years.
  • OmoriOmori The NorthPosts: 1,041
    I would remove that stake if possible, and cut it right back to about a third. Keep it watered, but don’t fertilise. You could try applying a seaweed drench to give it a boost.