Forum home Plants

What is this plant please?

IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 894
It’s not very tall, I thought it was a verbena b but it can’t be. Is it a weed? A pretty weed? 

• AthelasAthelas CambridgeshirePosts: 690
    edited May 2021
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 2,586
    Erysimum Bowles Mauve - a lovely plant and it looks gorgeous with your euphorbia.

• IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 894
    Oh thanks both. It’s being green all winter even with the harsh winter we had but it’s bush out nicely in the last few weeks as it was a tiny plant initially. It does make the euphorbia stand out nicely. I need more of this since I have a lot of euphorbia in my borders. 
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 556
    Lucky you!  What a lovvely flower and leaf that one has!
    My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 2,003
    You should take cuttings of the bowles mauve.......they literally flower themselves to death, they last about 3 years, but get very woody.
  • BiljeBilje Posts: 727
    Mary370 said:
    You should take cuttings of the bowles mauve.......they literally flower themselves to death, they last about 3 years, but get very woody.
    Good advice from Mary, my parent plant died over the winter but I’ve two replacement plants that are well grown and flowering. They do root easily. The parent plant was on its last legs when I took the cuttings so they weren’t the best material but have grown well despite that. 
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 894
    Just coming back to update that I’ve taken cuttings to propagate so will see how it goes for new plants so that I can get more of a consistent effect in the borders. Thanks @PeggyTX, @Mary370 and @Bilje