Forum home Plants

Tulips

I have red tulips planted in my front yard in Seattle WA. They have been growing every year. This year I did not see any grow. I was not in the house. The house was rented.

I just know the yard has been unattended and it snowed a few days this year like it does every year.

attached are pictures from the last few years.

thank you very much

S

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 2,428
    Unfortunately this Forum is mostly UK based - weather conditions a bit different here.
    Not quite sure what your actual query is tho ?
    Are you asking why the tulips didn't flower this year ?
    Some basic tulips will flower year after year given the conditions - others can be a bit more faddy.

• Yes, I just don’t see any evidence of tulips 🌷 in my garden except for one.
    I wanted to attach few photos but it says it’s too large?
    how do I make it smaller?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,118
    You should have an option on your device to alter picture sizes @samirabahrainy7evW__iP. If the photos are around 1MB or less, they load better  :)

As @philippasmith2 says - many tulips are less productive as time goes by, so perhaps that's the reason. It can often be climactic conditions that prevents them performing well, as they need quite specific conditions. Hot and dry in summer, and cold and reasonably dry over winter. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• This is a picture from last year 
  • THIS YEAR. NO TULIPS!?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,118
    They might just have succumbed to the conditions. I'm guessing it's a shadier spot there, looking at the other planting, which also means they would have struggled a bit with getting good light and nutrition when they needed it. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....