Forum home Plants

Help!!!

I recently transplanted my young lemon plant (9-10 months old). It was doing just fine, then all of a sudden it started to dry up and shrivel! I don't have any idea why it did this, I need some help!

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,294
    What medium is it growing in, where are you UK? Why did you re pot it?
  • It’s growing in an about 50-50 potting mix/peat moss, I’m in the US in Wisconsin. I repotted it because it was getting a bit big for the seedling pot I put it in.
  • BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,484
    I've never grown one myself but I know from a relative that they like a sharp drained soil with grit and sand. They like slightly acid soil too. The problem could be temperature. Have a look at this link which gives a lot of info. 
    https://www.burncoose.co.uk/site/content.cfm?ref=Citrus+Trees+-+Care+Guide
  • rachelQrtJHBjbrachelQrtJHBjb South BucksPosts: 814
    It’s growing in an about 50-50 potting mix/peat moss, I’m in the US in Wisconsin. I repotted it because it was getting a bit big for the seedling pot I put it in.
    I don't grow citrus but I know Wisconsin and your weather has been all over the place recently - Eau Claire and Madison are on my meteo app. Could it have received too much sunlight on the windowsill?
  • Possibly-but I usually keep partially behind a curtain. If it is too much sun, how can I fix it?