Forum home Plants

Trailing house plant - identification

kitty-kat4kitty-kat4 Posts: 2
edited May 2021 in Plants
Hi! Looking for help identifying my house plant! I was given it by a neighbour and told it was a flaming Katy that would get red flowers. However, I don't believe this is correct. It has never flowered in over a year. Details:

- It likes to be in the shade. Leaves are dark green and glossy. In full sun the leaves flop and look dull
- The stems are thin, reddish/brown and feel quite woody
- it has aerial roots everywhere, that start as fleshy pink and as they age turn brown, crispy and hair-like
- It propagates so easy and grows fast
- Leaves are thick and succulent-like, easily knocked off and curve backwards. They are very rounded with faint scallop edges on some of them, and no veining
- The leaves and stems have a very fine layer of tiny hairs all over, but it's not very noticeable 

I have looked at trailing varieties of Kalanchoe, Sedum, Jade and Peperomia, but can't find anything quite the same. I don't believe it is etiolated as it is getting enough water, food and light. 

Thanks 😀 

• kitty-kat4kitty-kat4 Posts: 2
    This is a baby I have grown from the parent plant. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,885
    I've got a peperomia Hope that's similar but the leaves have a bit of stem at the base. This looks more like a hoya. 
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,885
    Or possibly a dischidia...

Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people