Forum home The potting shed

Swing seats

gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 258
Does anyone have one of those swing seats? The sort that seat 2 or 3 people and have a canopy? Personally I never sit in the garden, the second I do I spot something that needs doing. But OH is after one and it looks a bit of a mine field. Any recommendations?

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,024
    I have one made of wood. Had it for years. Can't remember the firm now but I did send away for it. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,064
    We have had a couple. The first was supposed to be red cedar but that didn't stop it rotting although we did get a few years use out of it. We never fitted the canopy though, it is still in the loft.
    Latest one came from Robert Dyas, can't remember if there was a canopy option but we don't have one. It is very sturdy but was a struggle to erect - badly aligned bolt holes which needed a fair bit of fettling before it came together. There were also a couple of screws on the seat slats which never got fitted because they were blocked by bolts. Definitely a two person job to assemble although I did our's on my own I wouldn't recommend trying that.