Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ROSES - Spring/Summer Season 2021

• peteSpeteS Posts: 966
    Thanks for that @Nollie and @edhelka

Edhelka, I fed slow release feed a few weeks ago, rose feed and a bit of BF&B, and whilst the weather was dry and warmish I have been giving them a 4-5 ltr drench once a week. No liquid feed as yet though.
  • edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,351
    @peteS It looks hungry (but I can't tell the specific deficiency) and maybe dry (maybe it's just the photo).
  • Bright starBright star Posts: 1,153
    I’ve just had a notification from DA roses, potted Desdemona is back in stock again for those that are interested, you might need to get a wriggle on before stock runs out.
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705
    @Nollie
    ...so many buds.. there's no stopping old Gertrude is there...  why I got rid of it, I lost my patience with that rose in trying to keep it short..

..delighted to see your Cramoisi Superieur..  I think the colour should darken with age.. these old Chinas won't win any prizes but they have a certain charm...  Jedmar usually knows his oats, but that photo on HMF, looks more like 'Fabvier', which is sometimes confused with it.. but he ought to know.. 
    East Anglia, England
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491
    What a cutie! but what's wrong with his beak?
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • NollieNollie Posts: 7,529
    @Marlorena, I like Gertrude, one of my healthiest Austins. I still plan to do as edhelka suggested and get her in the ground at some point. Or at least a larger pot positioned where she can do what she wants. I just keep baulking at tackling the job of surgical extraction!

Yes CS does look very different in Jedmar’s photo doesn’t it?  If it can cope in my hot border, I don’t mind how it turns out!
    Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705
    I often think I'd like her back again, maybe better second time round..  fabulous when in bloom..

@Lizzie27
    I presumed he'd been poking around in the soil .. he's been busy lately, he has babies I think..
    East Anglia, England
  • Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 2,394
    edited April 2021
    I've been struggling to spend the garden centre voucher I was given at school. It's for one specific place and everything there is expensive compared to the prices at my local ones. Was hoping to get some carnivorous plants for inside, but they didn't have any.

Solution, check the clearance section. I got these three pots of cowslip for £1 each. I'll plant them in our wildflower patch and take some seed to grow some for the allotment as well. We needed something in there that flowers at this time for year.

They did have some reduced roses as well...but they didn't jump out at me.

I nearly got GJ this year but then changed my mind when I thought we weren't going to have the space. There's one nearby that I can go and sniff anyway!
    East Yorkshire