Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ROSES - Spring/Summer Season 2021

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705
    @Tack
    ..oh those great fat buds on Arthur.. lucky you !..   all lovely roses.. great to see you with Pearl Drift, I'd like to know what you think of this one in due course..

@owd potter
    .. I'm happy to bite  my tongue but suffice to say I think you'll be pleased with the colour... and yes @Busy-Lizzie I would say we agree.. 
    East Anglia, England
  • TackTack Posts: 1,367
    Hmm @Nollie . Your Heidi is very different to mine, we thought so last year too but put it down to other factors but those buds are different in every way....
    Central southern England
  • NollieNollie Posts: 7,529
    Ah yes, I remember that @Tack, be interesting to compare again when both of ours are in bloom. Roses often behave somewhat differently here in bloom form and colour, but you would think the buds would look the same!
    Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.
  • TackTack Posts: 1,367
    Looking at the photos on HMF my HK is the wrong one. I now have a mystery rose too

Central southern England
  • peteSpeteS Posts: 966
    The leaves on my 'Scarborough Fair' are turning increasingly yellow. Any ideas as to what the cause might be.
  • NollieNollie Posts: 7,529
    A little chlorosis @peteS, a sign of iron and/or magnesium deficiency, but looks more like iron. Give it a drink with added sequestered iron powder disolved in the watering can and that should do the trick. I usually put a level teaspoon in a 10L can and that does 2-3 roses. You can usually pick a packet up easily in a GC. Have you fed it a general balanced rose food yet? If not, I would do that as well. 
    Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.
  • edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,351
    @peteS What's your watering and feeding regime for pots at the moment?