Forum home Plants

Praise the rain Gods

Was it just me that did a fistpump today when the rain came? Wife thought I was a bit mad.. Garden has been ridiculously dry and I'm just begging for lots of the wet stuff over the next week.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,621
    We're still bone dry in Devon
    Devon.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 8,760
    I'm glad it rained on your house.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,969
    It's supposed to rain a bit here later. The plants are fine but everything is covered in concrete dust from the builders next door so I'll be glad to see some of that washed away.
  • nicktennickten Posts: 117
    Yes, walked home tonight in much welcome drizzle. Probably not enough to get the water butts filled again but it's a start.
  • Here and there in Pembrokeshire there was thundery rain sufficient to give power outages in Tenby - whereas down on the SW corner [aka Little England beyond Wales] we managed a 'grey & threatening' morning & a brighter afternoon = NO RAIN FOR OVER THREE WEEKS!! The watering cans are in near constant use just to jolly things along in the meantime!
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 3,642
    I've just been out to put the bins out and there were about 3 spots on the lids  :(. No real proper sustained rain here for well over a month, probably closer to two.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,069
    I got all excited about 6 pm ish, saw some rain spots on the terrace and big black clouds. Dashed out and pulled the terrace pots further out to get the benefit - nil....
    Clouds sailed straight over to the north and east.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,621
    just damp here. Hopefully more to come today
    Devon.
  • Balgay.HillBalgay.Hill Posts: 186
    Rained off and on all day yesterday in Dundee. Maybe i can ease up on the watering for a week. Been watering twice a week since mid March.
  • tuikowhai34tuikowhai34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 973
    Had some rain again in the night.  Not a lot but the leaves are refreshed and the soil is damp. 
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.