Forum home The potting shed

Gardeners Guild members...A Comment

NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,704
I rang the mobile numbers of 5 of the gardeners listed on the local GG and none returned my call to discuss employing them.

I chose one and emailed twice and left a message to call back but to no avail.

I gave up and called a gardener that is NOT in the GG and she called back immediately and she is coming to visit tomorrow.

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,058
    That's a bit off @NewBoy2, but hope the new contact turns out good.
    I know my landscaper is very booked up for months as I'm waiting for him to do some additional paving for me.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,704
    Lizzie27 

" The New Contact " did not turn up today as arranged and i stood in the pouring rain in the lane at the back of my garden for 30 minutes and checked at the front of the house as well in case she called at the front door..

No telephone call to say she might be late or can we re arrange. >:) .

When I was working I spent over 10 years visiting people at home for an insurance company and only failed to find a house once and if I was ever late I called ahead.

Lizzie27      I know you are local to me in Bristol so if you too would like to make an appointment and stand in the rain for 30 minutes here are her details.

https://www.blossom-gardening.co.uk/get-in-touch

Im going for a lie down.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 8,703
    edited 28 April
    So sorry about that @NewBoy2 -  so disappointing to encounter so much rudeness and discourtsey. It is disheartening. I fear we have entered an era where it's seen as normal to not reply to messages. Or leave messages. Or update changed plans. It seems people consider themselves far too busy to communicate.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,072
    What are you looking for, @NewBoy2 ? I have a contact in Bristol if you want me to send details, but I'm not sure what you're after.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,464
    @NewBoy2 The only review on Google is a one star saying she didn't turn up or return calls and that was 3 years ago so surprisec sge is still in business . You might want to add yours.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 24,889
    There are two testimonials on her site saying how reliable she is.  Maybe time to change that @NewBoy2?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,464
    Obelixx said:
    There are two testimonials on her site saying how reliable she is.  Maybe time to change that @NewBoy2?
    Trouble is when it's on their own site they can pick and choose which reviews to publish.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 24,889
    I s'pose but at least in posting a comment she'll know she's done wrong.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,535
    Well, at least you got some rain!!!
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,704
    Thanks all.

I have 3 choices.

1, Forget all about it and just accept that "Thats the way life is today "
    2.Go and confront her as she lives in the posh area just over the hill a mile away.
    3.Arrange another meeting and sit in the car and watch her hang around.

Answers on a post card................still fuming but its Sunny outside sp Life is Good.