Forum home The potting shed

Hello, please may I join you?

2000GTV2000GTV Martina Franca, Puglia, southern ItalyPosts: 23
I am Lorraine, originally from Leeds but now living in southern Italy. I am a keen but not very knowledgeable gardener but hope I can contribute in some small way. Whilst I usually follow gardening "guidelines", I also have a tendency to "wing it" - sometimes even successfully!  ;) Gardening here is very different, most specifically climate-wise, so I am on a learning curve. 

Please bear with me whilst I familiarise myself with navigating the site etc. 

Thank you.  
Love living in Italy but a Loiner at heart 

• B3B3 Posts: 18,774
    Welcome Lorraine😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • 2000GTV2000GTV Martina Franca, Puglia, southern ItalyPosts: 23
    Thank you. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,954
    welcome x
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 732
    Hello Lorraine and welcome.

How lovely to live in Puglia .... we spent 3 weeks there about 10 years ago .... loved it.

Bee x
    Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,200
    Welcome. 
    One or two live in Spain and France, so might have similar conditions to cope with.
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,281
    Hello.  There are a few of us in France - so gardening with heat and drought - but no regulars in Italy.   There is a Forkers chat thread where the French contingency hang out but we also contribute as and when we can to plenty of other posts about all sorts of gardening topics.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,292
    Ciao Lorraine.  Welcome.  You live in a beautiful part of the country.  I live in the South of France.  Different climates - different ideas - different solutions but it all comes down to getting results.
    Hope our different suggestions can help you.
    Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 2,997
    Welcome to the forum @2000GTV. Even seasoned gardeners still have the capacity to learn something new so you are in safe hands here! If you need to ask a specific question try and start a new thread ( new discussion- at top left side ) which can then be seen on the first page by everyone. Good luck. 
    Yes, we had visited some of the usual tourist places in Italy then a waiter in my favourite restaurant in Leeds said he was from Puglia and we should visit - we did and the rest is history. I owe that man a big "thank you".   
    Eek, thank you everyone for the warm welcome and advice. I am very much looking forward to spending more time here and a thank you in anticipation to anyone else who welcomes me. I tend to go to bed at, or before, 21.00 Italian time, as I have some health issues but I will try and catch up with everyone as and when.