Forum home Plants

Flower Identification

clarkeymusicclarkeymusic Posts: 7
edited April 2021 in Plants
Hi all. I’ve been asked what flowers are the small pink ones in the attached photo. I was thinking some sort of Dahlia, maybe pink suffusion, but would appreciate an expert eye if anyone can help. Thanks.

• herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,313
    Hi clarkeymusic they look like daisies to me, they are bellis perennis?
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,712
    Yes, a cultivated form of common-or-garden daisies. They're a lovely little plant making a great show there.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,278
    edited April 2021
    Hi clarkeymusic they look like daisies to me, they are bellis perennis?
    I agree ... Bellis perennis

https://www.brooksidenursery.co.uk/bellis.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInILHk9eP8AIV0ud3Ch2QrQa3EAAYBSAAEgKilvD_BwE

Lawn daisies with posh frocks on  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks all, spot on! Thanks so much - I believe the picture was taken today in Regents Park, London. They look lovely don’t they.
  • herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,313
    They do clarkeymusic and more glamorous than the ones in my lawn  :D   Don't know about the posh ones but trying to dig the lawn daisies out of the flower beds always make me think of that old song "My Old Man's a Dustman" 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett