Forum home The potting shed

Is there a job you can't wait to get stuck into?

B3B3 Posts: 18,774
For me, it's pulling out spent forget-me-nots. That means summer is really coming and I have space to plant out my seedlings. Can't wait.
In London. Keen but lazy.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,281
    Just be patient woman and enjoy them while you can!!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,954
    edited 19 April
    I have just gone through my winter-made compost and turned it into other bins - lovely chocolate cakiness. Another two months and I will have a big load to go on the beds. It still feels like to total magic to take old stems of sweet peas, but them in a dustbin, wait a few months find they have turned to earth to put on new sweet peas (in precis).

Will get my micropond ready for return of the frogs. Always such a joy to see them in the evenings. 

There is a point in the garden when most of my plants are 'in' for the year - cuttings planted out, dahlias staked. And the big spring rush is over. I like that point. It's mostly just watering and feeding from there on out, for me. All the bags of junk cleared away and tables set in the garden for lunches in the sun.

🌼🌼🌞🌞
  • Chris-P-BaconChris-P-Bacon Posts: 424
    Lighting the barbeque... :)
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,774
    @Obelixx I'm not even sure that I like them that much :/
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Then pull them up before they have time to set seed!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,200
    Getting a sun tan
    Devon.
    Started!   Just being out there for a wee while weeding and stopping to sit and have coffee in the potager with OH.  Pink bits.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,200
    My face has caught some sun recently.
    Devon.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,954
    Obelixx said:
    Started!   Just being out there for a wee while weeding and stopping to sit and have coffee in the potager with OH.  Pink bits.

I hope your bits didn't go pink while having a wee. Sat on a nettle?
    No, but I've grasped a few in the last couple of days while weeding.