Forum home Plants

Yellowing leaves on rubber plant

Hi all,

I've had this rubber plant for about 8 months and it's been doing very well so far, and has been sprouting plenty of new leaves recently. However, about 10 days ago I repotted it to give the roots some more room and since then, a few leaves have started to yellow sadly. I've been careful not to over-water and the soil doesn't feel damp but I've only been able to test as far as my hand goes down so maybe that's it. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might be, and what I could do to prevent any more leaves yellowing? Thank you!

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,719
    Check carefully the backs of the leaves and around the leaf stalks to rule out red spider mites. Otherwise, it is naturally a tree, so having sprouted new leaves up top, maybe it's preparing to shed the lower ones. It looks to me like that sort of yellowing rather than the brown tips/edges/spots that you'd get from damage or unsuitable conditions.

• JennyJ said:
    Check carefully the backs of the leaves and around the leaf stalks to rule out red spider mites. Otherwise, it is naturally a tree, so having sprouted new leaves up top, maybe it's preparing to shed the lower ones. It looks to me like that sort of yellowing rather than the brown tips/edges/spots that you'd get from damage or unsuitable conditions.

Hi Jenny, Thanks so much for responding. Actually, since you mention brown tips/edges/spots, I thought I should show you some of the leaves which actually might display some of those. Do you think this could be a sign of damage/unsuitable conditions then? 
    (I think I can rule out red spider mites but please correct me if you think not).
    Claire.