Forum home Plants

Does anyone know it's name?

stringping55stringping55 Temple Cloud between Wells and BristolPosts: 9
Hello all,
This is the result of a cutting I took last year from a larger bush.  I can't remember the name of the plant.  I am sure it is a Honeysuckle, but can anyone tell me please, the correct name?

Many thanks
Richard :)
Dickydiner

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,964
    There is a variety of Lonicera standishii called 'Budapest' ; this has pinkish white flowers .
    Probably totally wrong though ! :(
  • stringping55stringping55 Temple Cloud between Wells and BristolPosts: 9
    Paul, I really appreciate your help, I like the name, so I'll look it up and compare!
    Thank you for your trouble,
    Rich
    Dickydiner
    Paul,
    Comparing the flowers, they appear to be very similar, I think you may well be right :)
    Thank you :)
    Rich
    Dickydiner
    On further research, I've found this; Lonicera tatarica...
    Dickydiner
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,636
    Although the leaves look quite pale in your photo, I think they look a lot like Lonicera Tatarica, Tatarian Honeysuckle. 
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 3,703
    edited April 2021
    Paul B3 said:
    There is a variety of Lonicera standishii called 'Budapest' ; this has pinkish white flowers .
    Probably totally wrong though ! :(
    Agree Lonicera.
    However, leaves /flowers are wrong for Lonicera standishii Budapest.see pic 3.4 and 5.

Lonicera tatarica Rosea is a better fit.see pics 1 and 2.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
    Thank you Borderline and Silver Surfer, I hadn't seen your posts before I posted my later pic of tatarica.  It seems that this is my plant :). I shall post on here a photo my mature shrub for comparison.  Many many thanks to all for your help and interest :)
    Rich
    Dickydiner
    Regarding the pale leaves, as pointed out by Borderline, I should say that this plant was in the greenhouse until today, when I potted it on for outside admiration :)
    Rich
    Dickydiner