Forum home Plants

Advice please

JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 905
Morning everyone, happy Sunday,

im clearing my pots and need your advice on this big pot. Last year it had godetia surrounding the delphinium , now there are hundreds of tiny seedlings. Could the godetia have self seeded, or do you think I’m about to be inundated with weeds? FYI I am planning to take out the “ragged robbin” as it somehow ended up in the wrong pot but the bees love it so illl just move it.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,133
    I think that whatever they are they'll not do well there 'cos they're so overcrowded, so I'd take them out, pot some of them up into individual little pots and see what they turn into.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 905
    I like your thinking dove, either I got lots of pots of weeds, or lots of pretty plants..... whatever I’ll probably have to give most away as I’m definitely running out of pots and hubby is beginning to complain that it’s too hard to power wash “what little” terrace he can see, definable dig about the volume of my pots🙄
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,551
    Just what I was going to say and doing that will allow you to remove some of the top layer of soil/compost and fresh it while adding some slow release fertiliser to help what's left.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 905
    Just back in from doing exactly what you said Obelixx. Such a lovely morning, sun is just moving off my terrace now so tea in hand, radio 2 playing and plotting what needs doing next....