Forum home Plants

Plant I D

widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 355
2 plants I have found in the garden, think I have rescued them but do not know what they are, help needed please.

• rachelQrtJHBjbrachelQrtJHBjb South BucksPosts: 814
    I think the first one could be Viburnum opulus.
  • sgoscombesgoscombe Posts: 30
    Aquilegia?
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 355
    Thank you, you could be right with Aquilegia, as I have a few in the garden and they do 'shot' up everywhere, but I do not have a Viburnum, and am sure this was some kind of root I dug up, could it be some kind of tree??
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,453
    I don't think either looks like Aquilegia, but the first one is a tree seedling, I think, I'm not good on trees!
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Thanks, thinking about a 'tree' I think some time back I did have a sapling of a tree there, so it might have reappeared again, but the other one is a mystery, we might have to wait and see if and when it gets bigger,
    thanks foe help,
  • BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,484
    The stalk is too thick for aquilegia, they have very fine stems. The tree I have no ideas sorry
    The leaf in the middle of the mystery plant has come out a bit more, so will wait till tomorrow and take another photo.
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,976
    2 looks like Astrantia
    Think you could be right with Astrantia, think I found it near the one I have, but the one I have has a variegated leave and this one is not,
    I love mystery plants,