Forum home Garden design

Garden Visits 2021

chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,300
Now that we no longer have to stay local in the UK, our garden visiting can begin in earnest 😀😀😀.  Here’s a thread where we can share 🌸🌼🌺

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    Did you forget something @chicky?

Pics of Wisley?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,300
    edited April 2021
    Spent a very happy day wandering round Wisley yesterday.  Felt sooooo good to have a day out.

So many changes going on there at the moment.  Their new science building looks finished from the outside, and the 3 gardens surrounding it are well on the way.  Its due to open in June 2021. 

It does mean, however, that they have dug up two of our favourite areas .... the vegetable garden and the trained fruit garden.  The plants will all reappear in the new gardens, and so they moved them in optimum transplanting season.  But sad to say goodbye to that immaculate vegetable plot and those beautiful cordons and stepovers.

in other news ....some of the magnolia, cherry and camellia blossom has survived the wicked frosts we’ve been having lately, there were the usual little treasures to delight in, and the alpine house was like a sweet shop 🍭🍡🍬

edited April 2021

Patience @Obelixx 🤣🤣🤣🤣. This uploading photos malarkey tales an age 😝
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    I know @chicky.   Thanks.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • After watching Karol’s report from Dunsborough Park here in Surrey I wanted to book a visit to that Tulip festival - but it was all booked out 😭😭😭

Surrey
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,900
    Thanks for starting this one off @chicky it's always one of my favourite threads.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
    I’ve been to Dunsborough a couple of times @Big Blue Sky - once to see the tulips and once at Wisteria flowering time.  Its a lovely garden so worth keeping an eye on the Yellow book for its next opening.