Forum home Plants

What type of plant is this?

Can anyone identify this plant for me please? I am new to gardening and I grew this from a pack of mixed herb seeds, the packet did not say what the individual herbs were. The leaves do not smell of anything

• herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,313
    My guess would be Common Broom Eileen but that is just a guess  :)

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • thank you
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,291
    Something in the pea family for sure, but there's a lot of them so it's wait and see :)
  • enceladusenceladus Posts: 27
    Hey, if that’s from a herb mix I’d say it’s fenugreek (also known as methi). It’s used widely in Indian cooking - I’m actually growing some for the first time this year. There’s no obvious scent but it’s got a wonderful earthy flavour, especially when used dried. It’s also used as a green manure. Hope that helps :)
  • enceladus said:
    Hey, if that’s from a herb mix I’d say it’s fenugreek (also known as methi). It’s used widely in Indian cooking - I’m actually growing some for the first time this year. There’s no obvious scent but it’s got a wonderful earthy flavour, especially when used dried. It’s also used as a green manure. Hope that helps :)
    I have googled fenugreek and it is this one. Thanks for your help
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,974
    Now you can cook methi gosht whenever you want!
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 1,403
    I grow fenugreek and these leaves look almost the same.
  • Thanks everyone for all your help
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,046
    edited April 2021
    I love methi but have never tasted it fresh. Is it different?
    In London. Keen but lazy.