Forum home Plants

Plant swapping or sharing

Hi I am having problems online obtaining alpine plants as its partly to late & with coronavirus 3 weeks ago they were sold out. Would anyone remove very small portions of say bigger Aubrieta plants or smaller alpines via very small bits. The idea being you wouldn't notice what you removed so its no disadvantage too you? I could use Paypal to pay you if you have an account for free. I live in the UK so you must be from there. The costs could include postage & packing. It hopefully builds community doing such things particularly with over demand problems online with coronavirus garden plant buying. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,270
    Garden centres have been open all winter and they’re full of alpines at the moment ... I was at a Notcutts the other day and they had more pots of saxifrage, aubretia and alyssum saxatile than you could shake a stick at 😃 
    Reasonably priced too. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 372
    Secret gardening club have plenty of alpines for sale. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,144
    @davehebblethwaite. You could try putting your swaps on our seed and plant swap shop.
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1048902/seed-and-plant-swop-2021#latest
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Garden centres have been open all winter and they’re full of alpines at the moment ... I was at a Notcutts the other day and they had more pots of saxifrage, aubretia and alyssum saxatile than you could shake a stick at 😃 
    Reasonably priced too. 
    Are they online too Notcutts or wyevale?
  • Have you seen this- image58

Following a successful sale process, Wyevale Garden Centres has now ceased trading and has recently entered a Members Voluntary Liquidation. For any queries please click on the link below.

How sad.

• Notcutts only have limited stuff online and I can't get there being disabled. Frustration really I didnt need to post this. Will have to do some thinking. I could not spot the bit in secret gardens section. Not sure if I am still subscribing and that makes it missing.
  • herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,313
    I think @gjautos meant this site rather than the GW Secret Garden area
    https://www.secretgardeningclub.co.uk/
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • gjautos said:
    Secret gardening club have plenty of alpines for sale. 
    Have you got the link. Did you go through people like Hayloft the bigger retailers or nurseries?