Forum home Plants

Compost question

I’ve got 2 bags of this compost but not planning to plant any azaleas, camellias or rhododendrons, can I use it for anything else at all?

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,106
    It's ericaceous compost, so ideal for anything that likes acid soil, eg blueberries, and OK for anything that will tolerate acidic or lime-free soil.
  • thank  you! I've just bought these plants , do you think this compost would suit any of them?
    - aucuba
    - hebe red edge
    - euonymus
    - conifers
    - sedum

thanks so much!
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Greater ManchesterPosts: 834
    Hebe and euonymus would be ok, the others might too but I don't know them as well!
  • thank you! will await for the recommendations from the others!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,590
    Conifers will love the ericaceous aspect but the flower feeding element will be wasted on them.   Aucuba and euonymus don't care about soil acidity of alkalinity.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • thanks! so i can definitely use the ericaceous compost for aucuba, hebe and euonymus?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,590
    Yes, it won't harm any plant except one that actively needs lime to stay healthy, like brassicas, but it's just possibly a waste of a specific product that may bear a premium price.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw