Forum home Plants

Do rabbits like Cardoon?

alfharris8alfharris8 Posts: 342
Could anyone tell me if Cardoon is rabbit resistant please?
I can't see it on RHS list but it looks an unlikely candidate for being tasty to a bunny in my eyes. 
Thanks 

• CebeCebe Essex/Suffolk borders Posts: 46
    We sometimes get rabbits in our garden - so far the cardoons haven’t been chewed, but whether that’s because the rabbits don’t like them or because there are tastier things to eat before they get to the cardoons - your guess is as good as mine 😃
  • alfharris8alfharris8 Posts: 342
    Ha ha. They do make me cross. If they told me what they wanted for their breakfast I'd give it to them if they left my plants alone. 
    Thank you 👍
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,326
    edited April 2021
    They like nice short grass so if you want to discourage them, stop mowing your lawn.

We have rabbits all over the place (neighbour is a compulsive lawn mower) and they haven't so far eaten cardoons. They can sometimes suddenly decide to eat something they've never touched before though, so no guarantees. They generally prefer softer greens, cardoon leaf is quite tough
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first”