Forum home The potting shed

Identification help please

Hello, can anyone tell me what this is please, my sister thinks they’re white ‘bluebells’...I think it’s from the campanula family? 

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,278
    I am the world's worst with flowers Welshgardengirl but I think it looks like a white form of Muscari.  Someone with more experience will be along to help you with a more considered identification I'm sure  :)
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • WelshgardengirlWelshgardengirl Posts: 8
    edited April 2021
    Thank you, it was kind of you to take the time to answer ☺️
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 2,003
    It's very similar to 3 cornered leek.......I posted a querry on very similar plant recently.
  • Thank you Mary, I’ve just looked up your suggestion online and they’re very very similar...😁
  • SlipperyElmSlipperyElm Posts: 355
    It does look like the white form of the Spanish Bluebell to me.......but I'm happy to stand corrected.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,821
    I think it’s the white form of the Spanish bluebell.
  • bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 1,517
    Agree that it is white "bluebell".
    We have them in our garden and they light up in the evening glow.
    Lovely.
  • Thank you all....hope I can be of help to others on the forum one day 🥰
  • SlipperyElmSlipperyElm Posts: 355
    Thank you, @Welshgardengirl,  very sweet of you.

Seems @pitter-patter and I are psychically united 😉    We posted practically the same response at precisely the same time!

Whilst white bluebells are gorgeous, the Spanish variety of whichever shade (  blue, pink, white ) are the grey squirrels of the horticultural world!  Terribly invasive.  They divide garden-folk.  Those (  like me )  who quite like them, and those to whom they are a scourge that must be eradicated, for good reason.  Your choice, but keep an eye on them, because if they're of  the Spanish variety, they'll take over, in time.  But....they're still rather lovely!
  • I read that it’s illegal to allow them to naturalise in the wild here as they’re an invasive species. I must confess that I really like them so I will be sure to only allow them in my garden. I have lots of Spanish bluebells already but I find them so pretty 🥰🥰🥰