Forum home Problem solving

Black Bamboo help needed!

Hello, 
really hoping you can help.
A few weeks ago I bought a black bamboo from B&Q. It was lush and green. I think I have rather stupidly let it dry out. 
The leaves have curled lengthways and are dry with a papery feel to them. I have been watering religiously for 5 days, have put manure on the top of the pot. And there has been no change, have I killed it? On google I seem to read the leaves should of opened again after a few hours. 
It is still in the original pot from B&Q as I’m worried I will stress it further by re potting. I have also ordered some bamboo fertiliser.
 So annoyed with myself- have been warranting paying that much for one bamboo, now looks as though I have killed it! 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,262
    Welcome to the Forum.
    It's a waiting game now I'm afraid.  
    Devon.
  • Thank you! 
    Oh dear.. really hope all is not lost with it. 
    I worry now I may kill it off by overwatering
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 4,532
    You can't kill it by overwatering don't feed it if you can get the pot into s bigger container and let it soak
    just don't have it sitting in water. I think it'll bounce back
    Devon.
  • kerry.borehamkerry.boreham Posts: 10
    edited 8 April
    Thank you for replies.
    would you say the Pitt then, and let root ball soak about 20 mins before hand? Is there a reason not to feed it?
    I'd just make sure it's moist, not sopping wet and see how it goes.
    Devon.
  • Oops typo- meant re pot. 

I will continue to water and hope for the best
  • Difficult to see from your pics but I'd say it is more than likely pot bound.  Did you check the bottom of the pot when you bought the plant ?  
    As well as the lack of water, these bamboos don't appreciate full sun or drying winds so may be worth bearing the aspect in mind when you site it permanently.
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 3,421
    edited 8 April
    Keep it really well watered but not sat in water, don't bother with fertiliser, likely to do more harm than good. When you are seeing real signs of growth you can give it a little fertiliser. Repotting is probably a good idea. 

Quite hard to kill the buggers really, don't worry too much.
  • Loxley said:

Quite hard to kill the buggers really, don't worry too much.
    May be hard to actually kill but easy enough to have a rough looking one if you don't take care of it :)