Forum home Tools and techniques

Greenhouses

Having used a plastic pop up greenhouse last year I wanted to treat myself to a permanent structure this year but I am desperately trying to find a greenhouse in stock! I have come across the puregreen frameless greenhouses. Has anyone used these and are they any good or should I stick to a traditional wood or aluminium frame.

• BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,123
    edited April 2021
    They look stunning! I’d love one.

I do though have one major reservation. I think it is inevitable that you’ll be storing plant pots, seed trays, bags of compost and other unsightly accoutrements. In a standard greenhouse with a wall to waist height they can be easily stored out of sight but with a Puregreen one these things will be very visible and will seriously detract from the appearance.

If you’re looking for a high end, beautifully engineered product take a look at Cultivar. I am delighted with mine but I expect, as with so many others, they’re dealing with a backlog of orders.

PS Editing to add hanging things from the ceiling, installing electricity cabling, and adequately ventilating it could be issues. Function is just a little too subservient to form here.
    Rutland, England