Forum home Plants

ID please! Big plant yellow daisy

Rob LockwoodRob Lockwood Midlands of EnglandPosts: 328
edited April 2021 in Plants
Hi all - another of our favourite puzzles!  What's this one please :)

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,850
    Looks like a Doronicum.   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,128
    Looks like a Doronicum.   :)
    I agree 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Rob LockwoodRob Lockwood Midlands of EnglandPosts: 328
    Thanks LD - anyone got any advance on that - gets to about 4-5ft and the Doronicums I've had before were c1ft high, but I don't doubt LD's right.
    I think it's likely to be D.macrophyllum, grows to 4-6ft, says the Internet.  D.'Little Leo' is a dwarf one, which I've grown too...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Rob LockwoodRob Lockwood Midlands of EnglandPosts: 328
    edited April 2021
    Yes, I think Litte Leo was the one I had - lovely thing which disappeared without trace after a year!  Hopefully have more luck with this one - presume slugs or poor site...

Thanks both!
    Slugs love 'em.   :/