Forum homeβ€Ί The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🐣 πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯ April β€˜21

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,326
edited 1 April in The potting shed
April has arrived ... time to plant those potatoes, sow the tomato seeds, rake the veg patch into a fine tilth and head out there with a torch on slug patrol every evening ... and when you’re exhausted and your legs and backs ache you can come on here and chat with friends ...
β€œI am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Β«13456766

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,326
    edited 1 April
    And of course in the antipodes, for @Pat E its time to harvest and store the veg, stack the logs and make sure the winter woollies haven’t got the moth. 😊 
    β€œI am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,412
    Good morning @Dovefromabove
    Good evening @Pat E
    Been awol for a bit so sorry if I've missed anything.Β 
    Garden work is getting busy, toothache is getting worse and hubby is back at work today.Β  After shielding for nearly a year you would think it sensible to give him his second Jab first and wait the advised time but I'm surprised at nothing now.Β 
    I hope everyone has been enjoying the weather,  another coffee is needed here drinking with a straw due to toothache 😫
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,537
    Morning all.

Cloudy but should be warm and sunny later, 24Β°. Forecast says snow showers next Wednesday morning!

I will finish weeding the last bit of veg garden and I have another bed to make in the flower garden, I'll use cardboard and compost and plant it next year. Then there is loads of painting.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,068
    Morning @Dovefromabove. 😁

I'm feeling very active this morning, no idea why, already mopped the kitchen and dining room and cleaned the loo, first person in the SM at 8am and now making cheesecake for lunchtime takeaway, hoping to prick out the rest of the Cosmos beforehand. Lovely and sunny, and warm enough to take C to school without a coat. 😁
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." β€” Alfred Austin
    Anyone been caught on an April Fool yet ... I caught OH simply by saying Shhh! and pointing out of the window ... he stood for ages trying to see what I saw 🀣. Β To be fair he had only just woken up πŸ˜‰Β 

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,412
    Maybe the government was joking sending shielding people back to work @Dovefromabove πŸ˜‰
    πŸ€— @WonkyWomble xx

• Pat EPat E Posts: 9,729
    Afternoon folks. Just back at 6.30 pm from my Canberra excursion. Luckily Hubby had dinner cooked when I walked in. Pickled pork and vegs. 😜  Exhausted now.
    S. E. NSW
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 3,478
    Morning all,Β  nice to "see" you Wonky. It's gone grey and dull here again so I have set the grow light over the propagator for a couple of hours morning and evening.Β Β 
    AB Still learning

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,195
    Good morning all, a happy April 1st to everyone. Not been on for a while but have been looking in to see how busy you all are in this lovely weather. I had my first jab last Friday so very pleased about that, and plenty of other "stuff" to contend with at the moment as we still have a court case pending which has been dragging on for goodness knows how long. One of my French neighbours shares my GH each year which is fun and she gives me eggs etc in return, it's an arrangement which works well! Latest lockdown won't really effect us, nearest SM's are 15km equidistant from us as has been the case all through. I'm sure the garden centres will stay open as long as they don't sell their other "non essentials", we have a good plant nursery just nearby which will stay open.
    I can here the washing machine on it's final spin so had better get dressed and put it out in this lovely sun!
    Have a good day all!Β Β  B)