Forum home Garden design

Black fence paint?

PlantyPruPlantyPru NottinghamshirePosts: 142
Can you post any photos of your black fences please? Really want to have a look at them before I make the decision to change from seagrass to black 😱

• PlantyPruPlantyPru NottinghamshirePosts: 142
    I am slightly worried about how the back 'fencing' will look in black though. The fence down the right hand side is one I'm not worried about but across the top we have the trellis in front of the neighbours fence so could only paint the trellis (I am looking for some climbers to cover that though) then there is the screening which would also need doing. Would that make it look strange?
  • PlantyPruPlantyPru NottinghamshirePosts: 142
    Some more views of the screening (the cut out part is for my daughter's corner where she sits and chats to her friend over the fence). The fence to the left is ours so I could paint the fence panels as well as the trellis 
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,972
    You could ask the neighbour if you can paint it; it's possible to not have the paint seep through. That's what I did and you can't tell from the other side. It would look odd to paint that very open trellis in black and not the fence.

I've painted all my fences dark grey - almost black. I might have left them plain had the previous owner not painted them blue with white posts.

May be an image of outdoors brick wall and tree