Forum home Garden design

Can't buy rattan furniture anywhere?

Hi guys, can anyone help? i'm looking to try and buy some Rattan Furniture but everyone seems to have completely run out?  I have spent the last month getting my garden re designed and with all the tips on here its come out fantastically.... however, i Cant seem to buy any furniture?

There is a company in Essex called Chimes home & Garden that supply Rattan Furniture here: https://www.chimeshomeandgarden.co.uk/categories/garden/rattan-furniture  - But nearly all items are around 2 months out of stock? They seem to be the closest in dates

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

• AstraeusAstraeus SheffieldPosts: 313
    It's the same everywhere, I'm afraid.

It's all over the news that supply just hasn't kept up with demand. A lot of places we've looked at are saying August. eBay and Gumtree may be a good idea at present.
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,102
    A blanket on the grass for now. Think of it as a retro picnic
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,564
    With the container ship blocking the Suez Canal, I don't think supply will improve for some time to come.
  • Shortage of furniture caused by manufacturing slowdown, global shipping disruption, and now the Suez Canal crisis adding another 2-3 weeks to delivery schedules. 

Unfortunately you’re unlikely to get your first choice this year, but my suggestion would be find what you like
    and pre-order if the retailer allows cancellations. It may help in case of any price rises due to demand. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    edited March 2021
    Or maybe this is a free advertising scam!  First post and all that?

Over here the big SMs and the garden stores are full of the stuff and it's available online and, if you want true rattan furniture and not the "weatherproof" plastic coated woven stuff, get thee to a second hand shop cos they're full of the stuff here too.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KiliKili Posts: 1,019

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• RedwingRedwing SussexPosts: 1,315
    Try ebay.  Last week I bought a garden bench from an ebay seller.
    Based in Sussex, I garden to encourage as many birds to my garden as possible.